Join us to connect with investors, startups, ecosystem leaders, and industry experts who will share their insights on how circular economy principles can create sustainable business opportunities.
Curious about Helsinki’s circular economy business opportunities?
Our business advisor Sonja Malin can help.
Investing in Circularity and Sustainability
Discover business opportunities in the circular economy
In today’s world, circular business models are crucial for developing future-proof solutions and creating a sustainable economy. Adopting circular economy principles not only benefits society and the environment but can also unlock an estimated €1.8 trillion in economic growth by 2030.
Finland has been leading the way in sustainable business practices, being the first country to create a national roadmap towards a circular economy. The City of Helsinki has followed suit, and we’re excited to share our learnings and discuss sustainable business opportunities in Helsinki and beyond.
Join us at the Helsinki Museum of Technology to connect with like-minded individuals who are driving the transition towards a sustainable future, including investors, startups, ecosystem leaders, and industry experts.
Part of Helsinki Superweek of Business Events
This event is the beginning of an action-packed week that includes a variety of events and sessions focused on the circular economy and innovation.
17.30–17.40 Welcoming words
- Sonja Malin – Senior Advisor, Strategic initiatives, Helsinki Partners
- Alisa Mick – Founder and CEO, MiXi
17.40–17.50 Partners’ greetings
- Ronny Rantämäki – Senior Advisor , City of Helsinki, Circular Solutions for the Construction Sector
- Pipsa Salolammi – Senior Advisor, Circular Valley / Helsinki – Uusimaa Regional Council
17.50–18.10 Why Circularity Matters: Learnings from International Founders on Overcoming Challenges and Seizing Opportunities
- Electra Coutsoftides (UK), CEO, Xworks Tech
- Viktoria Kanar (Germany), CEO, Re-Fresh Global
- Geoffroy van Humbeeck (Belgium), CEO, aSmartWorld
18.15–18.35 Circular Finland: Leading the Way in Sustainability – A Panel Discussion on Trends and Insights
- Terhi Johanna Vapola – Managing Partner & Founder, Greencode Ventures
- Inka Orko – Lead, Circular Economy at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Petri Salmi – Co- founder at Spolia Design
- Moderator: Irma Ylikangas – Counselor, Innovation and Trade Affairs at Embassy of Finland Singapore
18.40–19.00 Fireside Chat: How to drive the transition? An open talk between an investor and entrepreneur on the importance of collaboration
- Riikka Olli (Finland & UK) – The founder of Menddie
- Nic Gorini (UK) – Managing partner of Spin Ventures and Top Tier Impact Ambassador
19.00–20.00 Networking and meeting the event partners
The registration is closed. Thank you for your interest!
Contact Helsinki Partners
If you are interested in learning more about Helsinki and its possibilities – please contact us via the form here. We’ll make sure to get back to you within a few working days.